Community Memorial Healthcare (CMH) offers a wide range of Surgical Services, including endoscopy, urology, general surgery, opthamology, obstetrics, orthopedics, ear, nose and throat, podiatry, and pain management services. PACU (post anesthesia care unit) services are also a part of the Surgical Department.
Our modern operating rooms are available 24 hours a day to provide care for both scheduled and emergency cases. The OR crew at CMH is comprised of a variety of professionals with over 190 years of experience in the operating room.
Janet Wassenberg, RN, OR supervisor
Mike Stech, CRNA, provides anesthesia services
Renae Bruna, RN
Cindy Voet, RN
Mary Lou Walter, RN
Ashley Swearingen, RN
Phyllis Craig, Central Service Technician
OR staff include (left to right): Cindy Voet; Mike Stech; Janet Wassenberg; Ashley Swearingen; Renae Bruna; Phyllis Craig; and Mary Lou Walter.
Our surgery nurses are Advanced Cardiac Life Support certified. Several of the nurses have their national Operating Room Nurse Certification and some are Trauma Nurse Certified. Several nurses are members of the Association of Peri-Operative Registered Nurses. They learn the latest techniques and patient safety issues through online educational sites and by attending local and national conferences. The number one responsibility of the OR team is to be the patient's advocate, especially concerning areas of safety and infection control.
Surgeons at CMH are assisted by members of the OR team during all procedures by circulating and scrubbing. The team also evaluates patients prior to the case, assists anesthesia during inductions, and monitors the patient during recovery in either the post surgery or post endo rooms. The OR staff is responsible for scheduling, and for ensuring that all necessary supplies and equipment are available for procedures being done.
The Central Service Technician also assists by cleaning, processing and sterilizing instruments and scopes following national standards. She also cleans and sterilizes instruments for ER, PT, OB, nursing services, referral and physician clinics.
Anesthesia services are provided by our Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists. They provide care 24 hours a day. Anesthesia services include all surgeries and scopes, obstetric anesthesia, epidural steroid injections for pain management and emergencies in the ER.
Through the efforts of a dedicated Hospital Foundation, CMH owns state-of-the-art surgical equipment, equal to or surpassing other operating rooms. We are continually reviewing our equipment needs.
Surgeons on staff at CMH include: one general surgeon; seven family practitioners; one urologist; one ENT; one dentist; two orthopedists; one podiatrist; one opthalmologist; and five cardiologists.
Procedures performed at CMH:
• Endoscopic procedures including esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) & colonoscopy
• General surgical procedures including hernia repair, bowel resection, laparoscopic cholecystectomy, appendectomy, breast biopsy, mastectomy, lumpectomy, skin lesion removal, both cancerous and non cancerous and skin grafts
• Urological procedures including transurethral resection of the prostate and cystoscopy for bladder tumor excision
• Gynecological procedures including laparoscopic or abdominal hysterectomy, tubal ligation, C-Section
• Dental surgery
• Orthopedic procedures including knee and shoulder arthroscopy, rotator cuff repair, carpal tunnel and trigger finger releases and other procedures on the extremities
• Cataract surgery
• ENT procedures including ear tube placement, tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy (T & A), nasal surgeries
• Podiatry procedures including bunion excision and repair and other surgeries on the feet
A range of services to meet your health care needs.
Family Physician Offices
Multiple locations to serve the community.
Community Memorial Healthcare
708 North 18th Marysville, KS 66508 (785) 562-2311